Terms & Conditions
- This website is owned and operated by The Canine Centre, Tyn y Dref, Morfa Bychan, Porthmadog, Gwynedd, LL49 9UT
- As a user of this website you acknowledge that any use of the website including any transaction you make is subject to these terms & conditions below.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect on the date posted on the website. It is your responsibility to read the terms & conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- You will be notified in the event that a change in these terms & conditions is relevant to a course which you are booked on.
- In these terms & conditions:
- “we/us/our” means The Canine Centre
- “you/your” means the person, company or other legal entity using the website whether to purchase the Goods or not
- “Goods” means all physical products listed on the order and the order confirmation e-mail
- “Services” refers to course bookings listed on the order and the order confirmation e-mail
- “working days” means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays in England and Wales
- These terms & conditions set out the basis on which you can use our website and place orders for goods or services from us. By ordering goods or services from us, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms & conditions below.
- Please read through these terms & conditions carefully before using this website.
- We warrant to you that any goods or services purchased from us through our website will be of satisfactory quality.
- Our liability in connection with any goods or services purchased through our website is strictly limited to the value of the goods or services.
- Clause 2 does not include, or limit, in any way our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any matter for which it would be unlawful or illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
Order and Booking Process
- All orders and/or bookings that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms & conditions.
- The confirmation stage sets out the final details of your order and/or booking. Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the goods you have ordered and/or the services you have booked. Please note that this email will not constitute an order/booking confirmation or order/booking acceptance from us.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract, between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the goods ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
- You will be notified by email of the acceptance of your booking.
Course Booking Conditions
- All course dates are subject to change. Should this affect the course you have chosen, an alternative date will be offered. If this is not suitable then course fees will be refunded in full.
Each place booked entitles you to 1 place for 1 dog and 1 handler only. Spectators will be welcome but an additional fee will apply and prior consent will be required.
- Course Content:
All courses are designed by Derek & Sue Williams but may be delivered by associate trainers.
- Course Tutors:
Course tutors may be subject to change. Nominated main tutors may not be present during the whole course.
- Security of Dogs:
All dogs attending courses should be securely crated in owner’s cars and not allowed to roam in car park area’s or interfere with other clients or their dogs during rest periods.
- Cleanliness and Hygiene:
All dog owners must clean up any dog fowling properly and deposit in dog waste bins.
- Care of your Dog:
All dogs must have access to water in all weathers and have shade provided in hot weather.
- Micro chipping/tags:
All dogs by law should be micro chipped and have a dog tag with contact details on it attached to their collar.
- Video and Photographic Rights:
During courses, video and photographs may be taken by Canine Centre staff or tutors. This is to assist us in course development and for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed please notify your course tutor at the time of the course. No filming or photos are to be taken unless written approval is given by The Canine Centre directors.
- Aggression Courses:
All dogs attending course must have secure dog crates to be housed when required.
- Additional Required Information:
You will receive a course booking confirmation email, containing instructions to submit additional information via a secure Client Detail Form. We use this information to ensure the safety of course participants. Your course booking may be cancelled if we do not receive your completed Client Detail Form, at least two weeks before the course.
Delivery of Goods
- We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales. However, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the goods or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- In the unlikely event of goods not being delivered within 15 working days from the dispatch date, customers should advise us. We will make every effort to locate the goods and if necessary, send a replacement at our expense, or provide a full refund.
- If the goods arrive damaged in any way, customers should contact us within 8 working days of receipt and return the goods within 30 working days. We will send a replacement upon confirmation that the damaged goods have been returned.
- Risk of loss and damage of goods passes to you on the date when the goods are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
- Time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract.
Events Beyond our Reasonable Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the contract that is caused by events beyond our reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular, but without limitation, the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack
- war (whether declared or not), threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom
- acts of God, including but not limited to, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster
- collapse of building structures, failure of plant or machinery, computers or vehicles;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
- acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government
- Our performance under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Price & Payment
- The price of any goods and services will be as quoted at the time we receive your order, except in the cases of obvious errors.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a dispatch confirmation.
- Payment, when placing an order or making a booking, can be made by any method specified on this website during the check-out process.
- All credit/debit card payments are processed by Paypal. Cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses, or subsequently refuses, to or does not for any reason authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- All prices include VAT, where applicable, at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, which will be added to the total amount due. (For orders to the Channel Islands – VAT charged is used to offset additional freight charges).
Conformity of Goods and Services Information
- We shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the description and specification of our goods and services are correct at the time of publication. However, specifications and descriptions of goods on this website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the goods and services.
- While the colour reproduction of the goods is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or computer system used by you.
- All goods are sold on the basis that they are suitable for domestic use only. Please contact us for further information if you intend using any goods in a business or public environment
- All goods and Services are subject to availability. Availability is usually advised when placing an order but if this is not possible, we will advise of any delay as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- In the event that we are unable to supply the goods or accept your booking, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods and/or services.
Rights to Cancel, Returns, Refunds and Exchanges
- Repayment of fees for cancellation of services booked will be reimbursed minus administration fees as laid out here:
- Up to 28 days notice of cancellation prior to the course date there will be a 20% admin fee
- 27 days to 14 days notice of cancellation prior to the course date there will be a 50% admin fee
- 13 days notice of cancellation prior to the course date there will be no refund of fees
- Orders of goods may be cancelled at any time prior to dispatch.
- If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you may cancel your order for up to thirty working days, starting on the day after the goods were received. We will be happy to offer you an exchange or refund. We recommend that you obtain proof of postage when returning goods, as we cannot accept responsibility for goods lost in transit.
- If you have opened any boxes to examine the goods this must have been done without damaging the contents in any way. We reserve the right to refuse all returns which fall outside these requirements.
- For all returns, except where the goods are faulty, you will be required to arrange and pay for the return of goods to us.
- If you return the whole order, where the goods are not faulty, we will not refund the delivery charge as this part of our service to you has been completed.
- Faulty goods returned to us will be refunded in full, including:
- a refund of the delivery charges for sending the goods to you; and
- the cost incurred by you in returning the goods to us. For this we will require a receipt of postage.
- Please take care to read goods care information labels, as we will not give a refund for, or exchange, goods that have been damaged when cleaning, ironing or in the wash if goods care instructions have not been adhered to.
- If exchanging goods, and the new goods you require costs less than those you have returned, we will refund to you the difference. If exchanging goods, and the new goods you require costs more than those you have returned, you will be required to pay the difference.
- To cancel a contract, you must inform us within the thirty-day period, of your decision to cancel, and include your order reference. Such cancellation must be either:
- in writing to: The Canine Centre, Tyn y Dref, Morfa Bychan, Porthmadog, Gwynedd, LL49 9UT
- by email to: admin [@] thecanincentre.co.uk
- If you cancel your order in accordance with this section, your payment for the order will be refunded in full within 30 days.
- This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
- When returning goods, please package the goods in the original packaging.
- If the goods are faulty, please state clearly what the fault is and try to package the goods so that it can be seen. Pack the goods securely in a parcel, enclose the returns note and send back to: The Canine Centre, Tyn y Dref, Morfa Bychan, Porthmadog, Gwynedd, LL49 9UT
- Any goods that have not been packed correctly and have been damaged on return cannot be exchanged or a refund given.
- No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- If any provision of these terms & conditions, or part of any provision, is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of this agreement, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected.
- If a provision of these terms & conditions, or part of any provision, is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable, we shall inform you and amend such provision such that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the original commercial intention.
- These terms & conditions constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous agreements between the parties relating to its subject matter.
- You acknowledge that, in entering into a contract for the purchase of goods and/or services, you have not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty, whether made negligently or innocently, other than as expressly set out in these terms & conditions.
- Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
Governing Law and Jusitiction
- Contracts for the purchase of goods and/or services through our website will be governed by English law.
- The English and Welsh courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site or from any contract for the purchase of the goods and/ or services although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These terms and conditions are governed by English and Welsh law.
- If you wish to complain about any matter in respect of the goods and/or services please contact us on the following number 01766 513344 or email: admin [@] thecanincentre.co.uk
Last updated: 19/08/2016